[Coco] Greetings from Manila

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Mon May 5 01:33:31 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Devries"

> Hi Roger,
>
> Your old rusty Pinto will blend right in here. Many cars here are old
> rust-buckets, especially taxis. Maintenance seems non-existent. Use of the
> vehicle's horn is the preferred warning method to say "I'm coming through,
> get out of the way"
>
> Worrying....

Having lived in several states and in Mexico, I can attest to this...

Horns in Texas are generally a door bell..... Hello! I'm in your driveway!

 Otherwise...

Horns in Mexico are a warning to let folks know that you have no brakes or
in a hurry... in that order.+
Horns in San Antonio are to let folks know someone made them angry.
Horns in Houston lets folks know they are in a hurry,angry, late, tired or
just in a bad mood.
Horns in Austin generally don't work. They've been burned out from over use.
Horns in Alice, Texas and the car they are attached to, don't work.
Horns in Corpus Christi are door bells.
Horns in the Rio Grande Valley are musical and a way to say ... HI!.... if
they work.
Horns on a motorcycles are for passing a state inspection.
Horns on an animal are the only horns that are used as designed.

George