[Coco] Programs for NitrOS-9

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 2 08:27:40 EDT 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008, Willard Goosey wrote:
>On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 05:12:42AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Never had a copy of Window Writer, so no knowledge of that.
>
>It's a good little word processor.  Not as powerful as some of the
>editor/formater packages, but it's nice.
>
>> No more painful than any other language IMO.
>
>Yeah, that's true.
>
>> This is IcnEdit?
>
>Not trying to dis your code, it's just.... I started adding debugging
>statements and BASIC-09 ran out of memory, when I'd already #XK'd it
>as much RAM as OS-9 would allow.

That was a problem, and another reason it didn't get any bigger, I was having
to give it 40k myself.  But why did it need debugging?  Or was its use of
multiple mouse buttons a puzzle.  It could use all 3 buttons on mine,
switching edit colors on the fly and such. But the normal menu selections
also worked for those who didn't have a multibutton mouse.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

	- Andrew Ebling on #kernelnewbies