[Coco] bootable/live emulator CD

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed May 21 00:08:41 EDT 2008

My first test burn of the bootable CoCo emulator CD went ok this
evening.  I inserted a DVD/RW copy in my spare laptop, turned it on,
and within 5 or 6 seconds, up came Keil's CoCo 3 emulator.  You get a
Drive A: and Drive C: (the CD-ROM) and can navigate using the
emulator(s) to select disks, paks, and tapes to mount.

One issue is that it's naturally a read-only setup since you're
running from a CD or DVD, so it's not ideal for authoring anything
even though everything is still on the disc to run.  I suppose the
main purpose of such a portable CD is to show off the games and stuff
to your family or friends on THEIR PC.  :)

The CompactFlash version is writeable, meaning any mounted virtual
disk not write-protected in your emulator can be written to.  Any
file can be deleted...  unless you have a way to write-protect the entire card.