[Coco] Running NitrOS-9 L2 on MESS?

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at rlcarr.com
Fri May 9 01:06:20 EDT 2008

(1) Warning -- emulation (and OS-9) newbie, here.
(2) I would have searched the archives before posting,
    but I couldn't find a way to do it from the listinfo
    page or from the archives page.

What's the procedure to run NitrOS-9 L2 under MESS?

I fired up a 6809 NTSC CoCo3 config under MESS 0.124.  It came up
and I got the "Disk Extended Color BASIC 2.1" prompt.

I had previously downloaded the 6809 NOS-9 L2 zip file, and
unpacked it into its .dsk files.

I used the MESS menu to mount the 80-track .dsk on floppy 0
and typed "DOS".  There was a delay of a couple of seconds
and then I got the "OK" prompt.  So I next tried mounting
the 40 track disk 1 .dsk on floppy 0 and the disk 2 .dsk
on floppy 1 and typed "DOS" again.  Same thing.

Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr at rlcarr.com