[Coco] Greetings from Manila

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun May 4 01:29:07 EDT 2008

Hello to all my friends.

I'm typing this from the apartment of my fiancee's sister in Manila.
It's hot and humid and threatening thunder and rain.

It has been an experience so far, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

For example, line markings on the roads appear to be for decoration
only, and have no effect on either the flow or direction of traffic.
Frightening for someone who comes from the ordered traffic conditions
of country Queensland, Australia.

I'll be staying here until Friday, and then catching the ferry to Mindanao.

I'll try to keep reading the list as much as I can.

God bless.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.