[Coco] deals

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 20:00:26 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Heskett"

>> Oh, it's okay. It would be neat if they had serial numbers. Mine, I''m
>>sure, would be a pretty low number.
>> I betcha folks aren't buying them as Roger had hoped
>> I think I'll order another one. Who knows? I might accidentally break one
>>and it just wouldn't be the same after Super Glue.
>>
>> .......About two minutes later.....
>>
>> It's ordered.
>
> Mine should be here in a few days.  But I think one will do.  The mug
> sitting
> here at the back of the mouse pad and in bad need of a rebore, I got back
> in
> the late '70's to celebrate the first time it ever said "Chief Engineer"
> on
> the door to my first almost real office.  It has a picture of an Indian
> Chief
> in full dress regalia, and the caption "Around this camp, there is only
> one
> Chief - The rest are Indians".  One you can still find in the LEANIN TREE
> catalog I think.  At the time I thought it made a statement about my
> station
> in life. :)
>
>> Too bad Roger didn't make HUGGERS/COOZIES/COOLERS (whatever you want to
>>call them) with the coco icon. That I can use! I could wear out several of
>>those!
>
> Hey, ask him, can't hurt.  If there is something that will make a few
> sheckels, Roger will do it.
>
>> Coffee is only in the AM and that only last a few hours. But the PM?
>> The Coozy I'm using now, I've had for years. Printed on it is "Normal
>>people worry me"
>
> Me too.  Where can I get me one with that imprint?  But get one to fit a
> long-neck, all that alu will give you alzheimers.  Way more dangerous than
> the beer it holds IMO.  Hey, I know, have the missus crochet me one, but
> I'll
> have to figure out the pattern of the stitching to make it say that I'm
> afraid. :)

Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans
can lead to Alzheimer's disease.
Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect
in Alzheimer's. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum
through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and
antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for
aluminum in causing Alzheimer's. Experts today focus on other areas of
research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.

http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_myths_about_alzheimers.asp

 I've learned that aluminum powder is dangerous. It's used in explosives! So
be careful with this stuff. Don't grind it into a power and mix it with the
other ingredients.. then drink it. Get too close to a spark and you could
damage your coco.

 I'll take my chances with cheap beer, in ALUMINUM CANS. They fit my koozie.

 'Normal People Worry Me" I have no idea where I got it from. Sorry.

 I have other, equally clever statements on Koozies. This one just happens
to be handy.

George