[Coco] Scanned in manual for OS-9 Assembler

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Sun Mar 30 17:34:57 EDT 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Bob Devries wrote:

> What I'll do is print one of those docs from your PDF files, and
> then re-scan that doc, and see if I end up with a significantly
> smaller doc. I'll let you know the result.

If I'm not mistaken (its been a while) you'll get smaller file sizes
by scanning directly into PDF (if your scanner supports that) than
turning them into a Graphics file and then creating a PDF from that.
Or you can use acrobat distiller to 'print' the Graphics file, which
should also reduce the file size.  I haven't tried lately tho to
compare the difference between using distiller or just importing the
graphics file into Acrobat. Perhaps the latest versions of acrobat
will compress the file adequately?

Personally, I tend to scan to a TIFF which I can edit to my heart's
content and then just use "create PDF from multiple files" to make
the PDF.

Dean