[Coco] Scanned in manual for OS-9 Assembler

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 07:24:50 EDT 2008

Hi, Fedor,

I always scan in Black & White, *unless* the document has colours which do
not scan properly that way. If necessary, I scan in either colour or
grayscale, but for just straight text docs, b&w works best.

I think using grayscale does increase the file size significantly.

I have no idea whether Acrobat 6 (which I use) does a better job of
compression than version 4, or whether the output of the scanner has some
bearing on that.

What I'll do is print one of those docs from your PDF files, and then
re-scan that doc, and see if I end up with a significantly smaller doc. I'll
let you know the result.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.