[Coco] Nintendo DS port of XRoar

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Fri Mar 28 15:06:41 EDT 2008

"Shain Klammer" wrote:
> I've been using it; but, was unable to get it to read various Coco cassettes
> or discs.

The cassette images probably have truncated leaders (or do they work in
other versions of XRoar?).  I see what you mean about disks - probably
because interrupts/halt aren't being synchronised properly in the "fast"
tree I'm using for the DS.

> It does work rather well as a Dragon32 and some VDK images;
> however, PMODE 4 artifacting isn't always there...

To get it to run full speed on the DS I had to sacrifice accurate
artifacting.  Hmm, no interface for turning it on and off yet either...
On the list :)

> It'd be nice if the GUI was revamped somewhat and it has locked on me a few
> times.

Some lockups are fixed (though I think you can still cause one by OKing a
file selection before choosing anything).  But yeah, the GUI is generally
awful - functional more than pretty.

> I'd suggest adding the touchscreen as a joystick...

Yep, that's on the list.  Next release, maybe :)

..ciaran
--
Ciaran Anscomb, Perl/C Hacker