[Coco] [coco] Retro gaming...

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 26 22:50:36 EDT 2008

John T Chasteen wrote:
> Chester
> What and how do you use  HyperTerminal ?
>
> John

Here is some info on HyperTerminal.
"What is HyperTerminal Private Edition?
HyperTerminal Private Edition (HyperTerminal PE) is a more powerful
version of HyperTerminal, which Microsoft includes with Windows 95,
Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000. Hilgraeve
developed HyperTerminal for Microsoft, and began providing HyperTerminal
PE free for personal use shortly after the release of Windows 95. Each
successive release of HyperTerminal PE has won new awards and caused the
program's following to swell. It is today one of the most popular free
downloads on the Internet."
http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe.html

I use it to connect through the serial port on the PC to an RS-232 pack
on the Coco via a null modem cable. So far, I've used OSTerm and
Ultimaterm on the Coco under respectively OS-9 and Disk Basic. All three
program are easy to configure. The connection behave exactly the same as
you would expect from any other terminal package. So, you can "talk" or
transfer files.

It may be that rzsz (referred to on this list) is better for OS-9 file
transfer, but I have not yet tried that program.