[Coco] Xmodem, Ymodem

Alex Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Sat Mar 22 18:18:56 EDT 2008

On  21  Mar 2008, at 7:46 PM, George Ramsower wrote:
> I'm curious why Ymodem won't work between this PC XP-Pro SP2 and my
> coco OS9-L2

What drive are you trying to transfer to?  A floppy drive (halt or no-
halt), a hard drive, or a ram disk?

> Xmodem works, but places stuff at the end to fill in the last 100
> bytes(I assume)
> I can't get Ymodem or Zmodem to work at all. So, what I do is just
> edit out the extra crud that xmodem adds and the end and go from
> there.

XModem only understands 128 byte blocks.  If the file size isn't
divisible by 128 it will pad the last block out to 128 bytes.  For
may thinks this isn't really a huge problem, even with executable
code you can simply fix the CRC after the transfer.