[Coco] HD size for NitrOS-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 22 15:59:42 EDT 2008

John T Chasteen wrote:
> Willard
>
> What is the command line to install a partition on an IDE HD with NitroS9
> ?
> I have the Cloud-9 HD controller.
>
> John

There is no equivalent to a PC partition under OS-9. You can do it, but
it requires a modified driver that automatically adds an offset to all
LSN when doing disk I/O. In effect, it is exactly what HDB-DOS or
RGB-DOS does when accessing the Disk Basic portion of the hard drive.

So, check your /H0 descriptor for the size of the hard drive in sectors.
That's the offset a special hdisk.dr will need to add for each I/O
intended for another partition. Possibly Cloud-9 has built this
provision into their driver with a new variable in the descriptor
holding the offset.