[Coco] BLOB or something else?

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:52:17 EDT 2008

Correct.

 It was easier for me to make a new boot with the alternate address than to
take out the controller to see where the jumper is. It still crashed.

 I'm at a loss. The bootlist order doesn't have any effect. I've tried both
the slp and irq versions, using both  the FF74 and the FF58 for each.

 I get exactly the same results in every case. The same display on the
screen each time and the same number of steps on the drive during boot.
 I even suspected a corrupted driver, but using CMP results in no
differences from the distribution disk and what I have on my hard drive.

 Just this instant, I'm thinking of cycling the address jumper in an out to
see if possibly, there may be a corrosion problem there. I'll have to do
that later, as I'm machining a part that takes a while to complete.

 I even tried the same tests without my I/O board installed. It's addressed
from FF60 to FF6F. The only thing in that coco was the disk controller
during those tests.

 I'm stumped.

George