[Coco] [Color Computer] question

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Mar 16 21:13:48 EDT 2008

Ask Me wrote:
> how do you load a program into that has this file name disk.bas into
> coco3 emulator
>
> i guess i need to convert it into a .dsk file so how do you do it or
> what do i need to do.  I have lots of .bas files i would like to check
> out for the coco3

What host OS, and which emulator?  There is a utility called port.exe
that I first encountered with Jeff Vavasour's emulators.  I think some
version of it, or a work-alike comes with some of the other emulators
for DOS/MS-Windows.  NitrOS-9 ToolShed also has utilities for
manipulating disk images.  ToolShed binaries are available for Linux,
MS-Windows (requires a DLL from Cygwin, I think) and MacOS X.

JCE