[Coco] [Color Computer] question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 16 21:06:03 EDT 2008

Ask Me wrote:
> how do you load a program into that has this file name disk.bas into
> coco3 emulator

It is not very clear what you are asking above. What emulator are you
using? Is the disk.bas an ascii file or tokenized? Is it on a disk image
or a stand-alone file on a PC?

> i guess i need to convert it into a .dsk file so how do you do it or
> what do i need to do.

You can't convert programs into disks. You can place programs on disks
or disk images.

> I have lots of .bas files i would like to check
> out for the coco3

Where are these files? Are they on a PC? Are they on Coco disks, disk
images, or on the Internet somewhere?

I'm going to assume that you program is on a PC. A universal way to get
the program to run on an emulator is to create a disk image of the .dsk
type, copy the .bas program to the .dsk image, mount the .dsk image on
an emulator, and then RUN"disk.bas" .

Creation of a .dsk image depends on what support programs you have. What
support programs you have will depend on what emulator you are using.

It would help if you posted whether you have a real Coco system and what
  operating system you are running on the PC.