[Coco] [coco] Piping in OS9?

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:28:56 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Devries"

> and thirdly....
>
> Perhaps you could just run one coco as a terminal from the other which is
> connected to the PC?
> In that case, using the TSMON command would suffice
>
> from memory, the command would be:
>
> tsmon /t2&
>
> Not sure, but...
> You'd need to have set up a username and password, I think. I did do this
> a (long) while ago.
> Of course, replace /t2 with whatever port your second coco is connected
> to, and use a terminal programme on that coco.

 The coco that's connected right now to the PC isn't using tsmon. I use
"shell i=/t2&" which immediately makes the PC a terminal. That coco is in
another room and is not comfortable to use as a terminal for the target coco
that I want to communicate with.
 Right now, an alternative is to get a com card for this PC and add another
com port so I could connect to the second coco.

 I don't like that idea... money, wiring, connectors. It seems so simple to
use the first coco to talk to the second from this pc.. Both cocos are in
the same room.

 An A/B switch is also an alternative to the com card for the PC. But I'd
still have to run another wire from here to there to do that.

 For now, I use a "Sneaker net" between the two cocos. Take the floppy from
the target coco and put it in the main coco, edit the software from this PC
and then put the floppy back into the target coco. Not that much trouble
actually, but it would be nice not to have to go in there just to move the
floppy from one to the other.

 BTW, the target coco is my CNC  machine. The keyboard is almost chest high
and my arms and wrists get tired when spending much time at it.