[Coco] Frustrated in Seattle

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Thu Mar 13 01:17:13 EDT 2008

Is there a terminator on the 5.25 drive as well? If so, remove it. The
terminator should live as close to the physical end of the cable as
possible, but in reality I have had success using 2x 3.5 drives on one
cable despite their relatively high impedance pull-ups.

You are correct in that if using the 3.5 as /d1 the cable does not need
to be modified. Most PC drives are hardwired to respond to DS1 thus the
need for ribbon cable twisting.