[Coco] On vacation from UPS... oh boy

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Mar 10 18:56:37 EDT 2008

Just some rambling about coco3.com, my second home.  I'm also on my
2nd vacation week at UPS with no other days for the rest of the year
(sigh), and since I'm a workaholic but in need of a small break I
plan to 1) fish a little, *but* 2) work a Lot on Rainbow, DVDs,
Jeweled, CCASM, client catching up, bookkeeping, dodging all calls
from work asking me to come in today because they're backed up,
dodging all other phone calls :), dodging stuff my kids throw around
the house, dodging my mooching neighbors who definately know I'm home
because my car says I am, dodging cleaning the house (heh heh), watch
a few movies maybe if my kids didn't get all the microwave popcorn
which they never fully eat anyway and it ends up all over the living
room, etc. etc. etc.  I'm sUrE it's going to be a great week!  :-/  I
can't go anywhere because the kids are in school, so I'm quite used
to working at home through my vacations and just take weekends away
at other times.

Ok enough of that, I'm almost caught up with the DVDs, folks.  6 went
out a while ago.  I also made the move to QuickBooks software to
handle what has slowly become such a "busy-ness" that an e-mailer is
not good for keeping track of.  I use to tag PayPal receipts as
Pending, Packed, Done, etc. but when people send letters with address
updates and other issues, there was no easy way to keep track of this
and keep my e-mail order folders clean.  It looks like the QB
customers and receipts system is going to work out real nice.  Now
all orders can be kept track of Much better.

So... if you've bought anything at all on coco3.com since probably,
what, 2002?  I've got your receipts lined up all day long to be
entered professionally from the present back to the past when I get
time for the oldest ones. It's amazing at how busy I've been at this
and it doesn't shock you until you look back at all the receipts,
names, and far reached places around the world.

I have to take a minute to thank everybody for keeping me this dern
busy that it's hard to go fishing for 30 minutes.  ;)  Hey that's a
good idea for today, only it's too cold.  Aw.  Ok, it's back to book
entry.  Dern.  That 30lb catfish will have to wait.  And don't think
I didn't snag at least a 4 lber the other day that got off at the
bank after stripping my rod and reel trying to swim away!  It swam
about 30 feet in 2 seconds and then back in the other direction, and
it's a pond.  So... unless this is the Lochness monster, consider it
skillet-bound sometime this week if I have time to step back there
for a throw or two.  Anyway, my advice to anybody working their butt
off with developing online is to... go fishing every now and then as
it also gives you time to regroup on some ideas for when you come
back to ... t H e  c H a I r...

:)

Roger Taylor
www.coco3.com