[Coco] Cassette save and load problem

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 18:49:21 EST 2008

>THE AUDIO I HEAR IS THROUGH THE CASSETTE PLAYER

Then you probably aren't plugged into the Earphone jack. Try this...

unplug the motor control plug (or type MOTORON)
type AUDIOON
Turn up the tv a little and press play on the deck.

Put one plug into the Earphone jack, then the other (if neeeded)
When your plug hits the correct socket, the audio from the cassette
recorder should come out of the TV only.

Note that ANY error on the computer (IO, SN or other) will cause
the motor and audio to turn back off.

On the original RS cables, a black connector went to earphone,
grey to mic and smaller grey to remote. The CCR-81 manual
won't help you with that apparently 3rd party cable. If I were to
guess I'd start with Red in Ear, White in Mic. Set the deck volume
approximately in the 50-75% range.

Bob