[Coco] How to Acess Internet Telnet BBS's & MUDS on a CoCo

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Mar 3 15:06:56 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 02:49:44PM -0500, William Schaub wrote:

> Well, yes you can do this with linux. just spawn a getty on the serial port
> on the linux box
> use a vt100 emulator on the coco and login to the linux box to telnet to
> muds or whatever.

Oh, duh...yes, I suppose this is the easiest method... :-)

Still, using this sort of modem emulator may enable use of traditional
bbs software (provided the phone book can store DNS names or IP
addresses instead of phone numbers).  If connecting to internet BBSes
is the ultimate goal, then this might be an easier usage model...?

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at tuxdriver.com