[Coco] Copyright on Rainbow Magazine

Paul E. Jones paulej at arid.us
Fri Mar 21 13:11:43 EDT 2008

Folks,

Does anybody know who holds the copyright for Rainbow magazine?

More specifically, what I am curious about is the rights Rainbow granted to
subscribers of the software programs published in its magazine.  Years ago,
I published a simple screen saver utility in Rainbow and I still have the
program, but the contract I signed with Rainbow actually precludes me from
giving it away.  Perhaps folks might appreciate having it (or a more updated
version of it that fixes one bug I found).

As the author, the only right I was given to the program by Rainbow was for
personal use.  That's a bit sad, actually, but I guess that's the price to
pay to get published.

Cheers!

Paul