[Coco] Need 512k CoCo 3 user to test Jeweled progress

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Mar 2 14:37:56 EST 2008

I'm trying to get an additional tester for my Jeweled game who is
usually at their computer doing online stuff frequently.  A quick
response back would be best after I e-mail the current .bin or .dsk
image, but in no way do I expect you to be minute for minute with
me.  You'd have to copy the game to your real CoCo 3, as emulator
support is already taken care of.  If you aren't good at moving
.bin's or .dsk's over to your real CoCo efficiently, you might not be
much help.

There's a current jittery mouse cursor issue I'm trying to solve so
you'd have to own at least a mouse or joystick with auto-centering
off.  512k is required, although the final game might work for 128k
but without the music.  We'll see.

Test builds are considered copyright material and cannot be passed to
anybody and should also be deleted every few builds you
receive.  You'll get a copy of the final game.

Some features:

The game will be self-contained in one huge LOADM'able .BIN
file.  Tested for weeks by Gault and is a Go for future game-packing.
  (btw, no MMU reading or assuming of unused bits is utilized in this
scheme, so there...)
Smooth animation mouse-driven GUI
66+ stress-free opcoded sprites (this means without any other CPU
load, they fly around the screen impressively)
Real-time music and sound effects
3 screens for the video scheme and no flicker (thanks to Bjork's suggestion)