[Coco] CoCo Deep Vision Glasses

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jun 15 18:41:21 EDT 2008

At 12:48 PM 6/15/2008, you wrote:
>On Jun 15, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Paul E. Jones wrote:
>>You can get 3 pairs for "free" for $2 here:
>>http://www.3dglasses.com/
>
>There are variations of anaglyph 3-D.  There is the "red/blue" and
>"red/cyan" (which is a lighter blue). I'm not sure which ones Warp
>Fighter 3-D was designed to work with.
>
>I've done quite a bit of 3-D home video ( http://3d.disneyfans.com )
>and have used both types, but I don't know if I ever tried that game
>with actual 3-D glasses.

Cool page, Allen.  I had no idea you did that kind of stuff.  Did
anyone else?  I haven't seen any places on the web featuring 3-D
videos like that.

The absolute best 3-D movies I've ever witnessed were at 6-Flags in
Arlington, TX... years ago there was a fighter jet sim in the theatra
with moving seats.  The glasses were polarized with clear
lenses.  You were brought into the screen it was so real.  Then last
year I took the kids back there only to find they replaced the ride
with Sponge Bob, same moving seats, same huge screen... which was
actually even better 3-D since it was computer generated.  We ended
up going back 3 more times just to experience it again.  The screen
came right out to your face and the depth was real, and when objects
came way out, they touched your nose.  :)  Then at the end a pickle
explodes and everybody gets sprayed with water.

Now, what about simulated 3-D without glasses?  Sure!  I wrote a
graphics animation for the PC using DarkBASIC Professional that
features a HQ image of a software box spinning and rotating above the
grand canynon, coming towards the camera then back out
continuously.  You hear wind blowing that gets louder when the box is
closest to you, and the background blurs more as the box is closest
to you, while the box stays the same.  I'll try to post it on my web
site somewhere for anyone to download!