[Coco] Greetings from Iowa - anyone need any water?

brjeremy at juno.com brjeremy at juno.com
Sat Jun 14 00:27:56 EDT 2008

Dear Allen:
I had been thinking of you and wondering how you were. We were spared any damage but just on the north side of Racine they have had a great deal of damage. This part of Wisconsin was hit pretty hard. Have you heard any thing from James and Billie? I pray that they did not suffer any damage from flooding.
It was so good to see you at the Fest. Its funny, when you count up the time its only twenty or so weekends of my life. Twenty or so Fests. And yet what a precious part of my life they have been. We only see each other for a short time and then the next year pick right up where we left off. And its so hard to believe that each time another year has gone by.
I' m sounding more American with each passing day. Every Thursday I make a SKYPE call to Exeter and chat for a while with my lads. They are looking forward to my being back with them in October. I also talk with Devin on a regular basis. He is still going out to Crestwood on saturdays helping Father Peter Ainsley with the service. (Fr. Peter is the Chaplain at St. Phillips.) I am so proud of "my sweet little guy." He is feeling growing up into a fine young lad. He asked me if I talked about him in my sermon and I told him that I did. And that I showed everyone his picture and the Cross that he made for me. He asked me "What did they think of me?" I told him that now his Great-Granny and me are not the only ones who think that he's a "sweet little guy." (I did not tell him that there were a few tears in the room as I preached that morning, but I will when I see him again.) I had sent him a copy of my sermon and he took it upon himself to submit it to a British Magazine, and they might be publishing it along with some photo's. We'll see what happens. I kept a journel and I have quite a few more stories that I could share. There may be a book in there somewheres.
I can't wait to spend time with him and my other lads again.
Again I hope that you are well. I think of you daily and you are in my prayers.
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Jeremy