[Coco] chili!!!!Re: COCO3 System Arrangement of modules

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Jun 4 12:11:15 EDT 2008

From: Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
> wdg3rd at comcast.net wrote:
>
> > Chili is not a vegetable.  While vegetables may be used as flavoring
> > (tomatoes and/or tomatillos, onions, garlic and especially chiles),
>
> Actually, tomato is a fruit!

Yes, I know.  Tomatoes were declared a legal vegetable by the legislature in these United States for some tariff situation a century or so back.  Chiles are also fruit, though I don't know what the law says.  Tomatillos are fruit (related to gooseberries, actually) but I doubt that many of the idiots in the legislature even know they exist.  I'm pretty sure lily bulbs in the allium family are still vegetables, but the legislature is currently in session and anything could happen.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

These histrionics were probably unnecessary, since there was no reason to think anybody would be watching us with more than casual interest until I made my first move to follow Buchanon's trail, in London.  Still, somebody might check back this far later, and I always feel that if you're going to play a part, you might as well play it all the way, at least in public -- and it's hard to tell what's public and what isn't, these electronic days.
Donald Hamilton, _The Devastators_, 1965