[Coco] FW: Deluxe RS-232 Program Pak

John T Chasteen johnchasteen.2 at juno.com
Sat Jun 14 21:23:25 EDT 2008

Chester

I'm having a ball studying NitrOS-9 using the SuperIDE unit
with 2 CF units. I have the 6309 NitrOS CF Boot.

So far I have run into one problem. When I try to format a 5.25
inch floppy, after I hear about 10 clicks (Steps) that is as far as the
format continues ... Failure. I boot the coco3 using the floppy disk and
then
I type    format /d1 and everything works fine. I also loaded format into
memory and   then format /d0 and everything is OK. My conclusion is that
the
format file on the CF is defective.

What would be the simplest way to replace or write over the format cmds
on the CF unit?

At the meeting last Thursday night, I formatted three 250 Meg CF units
and backup of /I0 on to /I0 so now my master Boot CF is backed up.

I am going in and study some more this evening. We have been in Church
this morning and Fathers Day service this late afternoon. So this is
my first opportunity to go to the Computer room.

Suggestions, please.

John