[Coco] memory upgrade & CLOADs

Mike 0rtloff underserf at comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 12:48:45 EDT 2008

Feh...

Yeah, I ignored the advice I'd given out for years. Everyone I ever
knew around CoCos =always= had another Coco, even 1s & 2s, as backup
& test jigs where possible. Whipped out my backup CoCo to try to see
if the CCR-81 worked there (as it did just in June)

It would appear that =somehow= both my cassette cables have gone
flaky or something. The CCR-81 had a hardware failure right in the
middle of my testing against my 128k Coco3. Went to the Panasonic
tapedeck but still, nothing loads that did a few weeks ago

Just a coincidence that I noticed the cassette loading issues after
the upgrade, but as Mark pointed out, I indeed may have nicked a
trace or such. Checked just to be sure ;)

These cassette cables are ancient, kinda weird to have two fail, but
both gotta be at least 20 years old.

Methinx I'll hack together a new cable & try again. I just wanted to
get this old weird educational software archived. Stuff from Dorsett
Educational Systems that made interesting use of tape audio
interspersed with program & binary data files.

Great response time guys ;)

=M0=