[Coco] V.PAGE 46551 and 46552 drivers

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:46:42 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. Curtis Boyle" <curtisboyle at sasktel.net>

>     That may be true for disk controllers, but RS-232 does allow multiple
> cards (the Comm-4 board from Alpha technologies had 4 ports, as an
> example). The device descriptor determines it by the address of the card,
> and each get's their own buffer (especially if using SACIA for 6551 based
> ports, and DACIA for 6552 based ports). When we used to run the Coco
> 3/Nitros9 system here at work, we had 3 parallel ports, and 8 serial ports
> (4 6551, 4 6552 (2 ports per chip on the latter), and we drove 8 ADM
> terminals from those.

 Are the drivers and descriptors available for these chips? I've been
wanting to build a new board for my coco using one of these chips to replace
the 6551 chips I'm using now.
 My current board has three of the 6551 chips and from what I hear, the
46551 and 46552 are superior.
 I use stock OS-9 L2 on a 512K CC3.

Thanks,

George