[Coco] Wordpak

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 14 23:55:25 EDT 2008

Chuck Youse wrote:

> I think it's the snow-avoidance.  This board appears to suffer from the
> same problem as the first-generation CGA boards (not MDA, IIRC).
> Contention between the CPU and the video display, CPU gets priority.  If
> you don't wait for a blanking interval you get snow.

True, I think I over-estimated the design of the pak. I was thinking a FIFO
in the cart which wrote to VRAM during H or V blank... but now I'm guessing
it's a single port that software takes care to write only after a VBLANK
interrupt...

Anyway, I type so slowly I probably wouldn't notice! ;)

Regards,