[Coco] Wordpak

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Mon Jul 14 12:44:58 EDT 2008

> Wow.  Sounds like a serious flaw in implementation (hardware or
> software).  No way a 6845-based display needs to be that slow,

> C.

Well, that is my remembrance of the device.  Maybe I had a defective one?
Like I said earlier, once I set up OS-9 L1 R2 with a 64 by 24 driver on a
CoCo 2 with a monochrome monitor driver, I stopped messing with the
WORD-PAK.  And it was not long after that I was messing with a CoCo 3.  And
all of that was 10 years or so behind the curve.  Seeing as I got my first
CoCo 3 from a friend who found it at the dump, with it's hard drive and
associated hardware, software and documentation somewhere around 1994.

~BWC~