[Coco] New Texas IT Requirement

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jul 13 11:37:29 EDT 2008

At 10:10 AM 7/13/2008, you wrote:
>Karl,
>   Somewhere in the bill the wording is there. Both the radio talk
> shows and local newspapers were talking about the loophole.
>
>John Donaldson

Most loopholes, whether intentional or not, allow for sneaking
through the cracks of a law in certain circumstances, but I've never
known a loophole to totally wipe out an industry, especially one such
as computer repair which is growing while we're sitting here.

   And I'll repair my CoCo and other PCs, and my friends or family's
computer anytime I feel like it.  :)  They'll come after me right
after they come after those neighbors who have the year-round garage
sale, or the people down the road who's dealing drugs out of their
house all through the night, and right after they stop letting people
drive down the emergency lane at 60mph and cut you off while you're
about to make a right turn... when THAT becomes illegal like it
should be, I'll trust Texas law.  However, EVERYBODY's doing it, so
the public wins and the law loses.  *IN FACT* the emergency lanes in
Texas keep getting 6 inches wider every year or two and now appear to
be turning lanes (even when the real turning lane is clearly marked
just to the left of the emergency lane), but you can't tell that to a
million alcoholics and weed smokers, hell no...  just keep your
seatbelt on and your kids on the left side of the car and maybe, just
maybe.... your day will go without being airlifted to a hospital,
while the guy who cut you off (sometimes driving an 18-wheeler, mind
you), keeps on driving by smiling.