[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10

Mike 0rtloff underserf at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 12:51:46 EDT 2008

At 09:04 PM 7/8/2008, you wrote:

> >A picture would be great, I love how we can use modern tech to help
> >preserve the old machines - ain't so easy with the TI-99 4/a tho ;)
> >
>Has the repair service on those finally been discontinued?  One of our local
>schools had about 25 of them at one time, and as recently as 9 or 10
>years ago,
>they could box up a funkity one and send it off to TI, and it would look like
>new a few days later when it came back, no charge.

Best Kept Secret I ever heard of - I was trying to get a couple TIs &
that monster P-Box going back about twelve years ago... Wasn't even
any real info on the 'Net back then.

The TI is now just something my 2-YO is allowed to beat on, at least
it was easy to hook up to a 1983 amber monitor  & $1 Goodwill speakers  ;)

=M0=