[Coco] TC-9

Chuck Youse cyouse at serialtechnologies.com
Mon Jul 7 18:22:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 14:07 -0500, Mark Marlette wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> 189's last check were not in production. I made my first 2meg board
> with those and have since switched to CPLD design.

Yeah, I think you're right, but I do have about a dozen 74S189s.
Problem with CPLD/FPGA designs is that as soon as you starting whipping
out Verilog/VHDL, you might as well do the whole system on a chip.

> Rocket was the name as I recall of Chris Burke's project. I recall it
> used the 68008 as well. Not enough orders to make the board. Details
> foggy.....

Yeah, I certainly don't intend to earn a living selling these things.  I
expect a small community.  With small quantity PCBs becoming easier just
a handful of systems can be made without exorbitant cost.

Thanks
C.