[Coco] PBJ PC PAK - Part II - Interfacing (source for driver)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 16:33:40 EST 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008, Dave R in Illinois wrote:
>Sorry but some odd reason, the code didn't show up, and every time I try the
>message is now ignored.
>
>So here is a link to it. :-)
>

>http://lxr.oss.org.cn/source/drivers/block/paride/epat.c

My guess is that you will have to collect all those include files and
regenerate them to say the same thing in os9 style before you can get past
line 30 with the microware compiler plus all the extra's we have done for it
over the years.  Not impossible, but it will be time consuming to run all
those defines down and figure out what its doing.  I suspect the resultant
driver may also be several kilobytes larger than a barebones effort in
assembly, mainly due to bells and whistles that may not be needed for a given
application under os9/nitros9.

I also note that this version has huge bunches of EXPORT_SYMBOL_* stuff in it
that the current 2.6.24 kernel version doesn't have, so changing to that
version may have a helpfull effect too.  According to the 2.6.24 version,
Grant Guenther wrote it back in 1998 and its only been touched once since.

If this is the correct driver, its an IDE interface?  For ls-120 drives and
such...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)