[Coco] [coco] moving files on bootup

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:55:00 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault"

> Dsave does not need two or more steps and I don't see your objection to
> having a startup file line turning off pause. In any case, the latest
> version of dsave has options to handle forced write if duplicate file and
> turn off pausing. The syntax follows for the dsave in the NitrOS-9 package
> which can be used without NitrOS-9 in a 6809 system.
>
> chd /d0/DATA; dsave -r -s40 /R0 ! shell
>
> Put the above in the startup file and the contents of the DATA directory
> on /D0 will be moved to /R0, no screen full pause and rewrite over a file
> of the same name (not safe after a crash).

 I tried the original Microware dsave as such..
cd sources
dsave /d0 /r0!shell

and it worked.

 I never thought to pipe the darned thing to shell. However, dsave still
turns pause on. I suppose that's not a real problem when it's just another
line in the startup file to turn it off.

 Piping things in OS9 is cool, but the manual doesn't make this clear in
such commands as dsave. I suppose they should have mentioned it in that
section. They only said it outputs to the screen or a file, if a file is
declared. DOH! I should have thunk that one out.

George