[Coco] CASOUT.EXE

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Jan 29 21:15:29 EST 2008

Charles Shrader wrote:
> Hey!  Just a quick FYI - CASOUT.EXE will produce .WAV files, but you
> must indicate the /W switch.

Interesting.  What version are you using?  I didn't try it myself, but I
took it at face value when I read the following in the emulator
documentation (coco3.doc):

    "CASIN /W filename[.CAS]

    to convert the file.  "filename" is the name of the virtual cassette
    output
    file.  You will be prompted for the name of the .WAV file when CASIN
    starts.

    There is no analogous .CAS to .WAV conversion for CASOUT."

So either the documentation is expressly contrary to fact, or you have a
different version of the software.  I guess I'll have to try it out and see!

JCE