[Coco] Coco and .WAV files

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Jan 29 01:32:02 EST 2008

Charles Shrader wrote:
> I am not able to find *any* .wav files on the Internet.  Does anyone
> have a link that might lead me to them?

http://www.jmk1.freeserve.co.uk/minigame/minigame.htm
This is James McKay's excellent Gauntlet clone, called "The Glove".
Runs on all CoCos (>=32K?).  The .zip file contains a cassette .WAV.

Probably most of the cassette software that's available on the Internet
will be in .CAS format for emulators.  Jeff Vavasour's emulator comes
with a CASOUT.EXE program, which won't produce .WAV files, but will play
.CAS files through the sound card on your PC, which you can pipe into
your CoCo's cassette port.  There's also a utility DC.EXE available at
the Dragon Archive Online ( http://www.dragon-archive-online.co.uk/ )
that will convert Dragon (or CoCo) .CAS files into .WAV files.

JCE