[Coco] Serial Numbers

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 19:45:37 EST 2008

I received an old Coco 1, model 26-3001 from an eBay offer today, with a
serial number of 000690.  I know there have been discussions on this list
before about serial numbers.  Even though 000690 is not too low, it did
bring up a question I've wondered about.

Did Tandy reset the Coco serial number with every new model, or did they
change model numbers and keep increasing the serial number from where they
left off?  Do all Coco 1's have the same serial number sequence, the Coco
2's have their own, and the Coco 3's have their own?  The Coco 1's basically
went from model 26-3001 to 26-3004 and maybe 26-3017.  The Coco 2's included
26-3026, 26-3027, 26-3127, 26-3134 to 26-3138.  The Coco 3's had only one
model number I'm aware of, 26-3334.  How did Tandy number these different
machines?

What is the smallest serial number we have in this group for the various
models?

-- Coco_Steve --