[Coco] Coco and .WAV files

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jan 28 18:51:05 EST 2008

At 01:45 PM 1/28/2008, you wrote:
>MP3 files will not work for computer programs. I tested this method
>on various computer systems. It degrades the quality.
>
>I have found that if you use 11 khz to record a .wav, it will work
>and also reduce your file size.

No exactly true about the MP3 format.  The record settings need to be
tweaked a bit.  My old Sony MD Walkman recorder unit (mini-disc)
could record 2mhz-CPU saved cassette programs from the CoCo, and play
them back in and the CoCo would load them at 2mhz just fine.  This
was a pre-MP3 compression scheme as far as I remember, maybe an early
version of what is now MP3.  That was back around '90 or '91.