[Coco] Coco and .WAV files

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Mon Jan 28 13:12:28 EST 2008

Charles Shrader <charles at shrader.com> wrote:

> Eventually I hope to do some Assembler programming.

There is a project on SourceForge called ToolShed. It's main purpose is
to to be the toolchain used to build NitrOS-9. It includes assembler's
and imaging tools.

But I've been on a cassette kick lately and added a makewav command that
will take S-Record files (from assemblers) and convert them to WAV files
for the CoCo.

But even more recently I added the cecb comand that is much more
powerful. It allows reading and writing WAV and CAS files.

Currentlt it supports bulkerase, dir, fstat, list, dump, and copy. The
copy command is especially cool:

cecb copy disk.dsk,BASIC.BAS cass.wav,BASIC

Will copy a binary BASIC program on the disk image "disk.dsk" called
"BASIC/BAS" and put a file called "BASIC" at the end of a WAV file
called "cass.wav".

All of the meta data will transfer from the disk image to the cassette
image perfectly.

As soon as I add an S-Record filter to cecb and decb command I'll be
removing makewav.

There are no binaries posted for these additions, just source in the CVS
repository. I'll be releasing binaries for an updated Toolshed later.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                        Bright