[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 55, Issue 56

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 09:32:15 EST 2008

---> See inline replies...

----- Original Message ----
From: Charles Shrader <charles at shrader.com>
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 10:33:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 55, Issue 56

I recall reading about someone backing up Coco programs on cassette to
.wav files.
I've got my new Coco3 but have no programs for it yet.  I'm working on
this - I'm actually bidding
on 2 Color Computer 2's on eBay just to get the software that is part
 of
the bundle.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in emailing me a test .wav file of a
program that I can
try to record to tape to see if I can load my first program onto this
machine?

---> Shouldn't be too hard to find a wav file. Once you have it in your computer, there's no need to put it on tape. Just plug the CoCo Cassette input to the PC soundcard output, keep the volume low for starters. Type CLOAD(M) on the CoCo and play the MP3 or WAV on the PC.

If I had EDTASM+, I'd type in the game "Slither' that was in one of the
magazines that
John Guin so graciously sent me!  Thanks again John, I am really
enjoying the magazines.

--> Ahh GREAT game!! If you can't find any wav files, I think I actually have that program on cassette.

I do plan on getting EDTASM+ soon, but for now, if anyone has a .wav
file or two they could send me,
I'd love to try this idea.

Also, I'm trying to win Steve Bjork's game 'Stellar Lifeline' on eBay
but hear that the game won't
Be in color on a Coco 3.  Is there anything that can be done to get it
to show color?  I'm currently
using a color television as my monitory (planning on upgrading this
 soon
too).

--> A CoCo3 connected to a Color TV or composite monitor will display artifact colors. Only the RGBA output is not capable of reproducing the "video noise" that results in color artifacts.

Bob