[Coco] Opening and cleaning an FD-501 controller.

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 04:49:32 EST 2008

Did a 3 month stint at a RS store as a moonlighting job back in late 2006...
anyone walking in with anything TRS-80 would have gotten a "we have never
sold those" treatment. I was the old guy in the staff, old enough to
remember; the rest of the sales clerks were college kids and the manager -
while in his early 30s, had more knowledge of the Commodore 64 than any
other 8-bit PC. Some of the staff upper in the corporate food-chain had
recollections of the RS computer products, I used to bring the subject up on
the frequent meetings and social gatherings.

December last year, as I visited the local RS in Nogales Arizona for some
phone wiring supplies, I was greeted with a product setup close to the
cashier desk: Candies and Chocolate. First I thought it was a 'local' store
thing but looking closer the product tags on the shelves actually had
catalog numbers in them... you plug in the catalog number and there it
comes... M&M's and Snickers in the POS database. It has come down to that.
Pretty sad.

"You have a craving? we've got snacks!" - the new motto ;-)

-=[ Rogelio ]=-