[Coco] scaring the rat shack guy wasRe: Opening and cleaning

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jan 26 04:57:11 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 03:58:40PM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:

> I can only imagine what the conversation would be like if I brought a
> CoCo floppy disk controller into my local Radio Shack and asked if I
> could get it repaired.

I don't have to imagine.  The guy who owns the local Radio Shack
cringes when I walk in the door.

Unless he dug up another box of C-10 tapes or something like that,
since he knows I'll not only take them, but might actually use the
things.

I told him he should have sold me that DC modem pak at closeout price
back in 1995, but no, he had to keep it, counting it in his inventory
every year for the next decade, before he finally gave it to me.

(I still think he's holding out on me, he had several of the
"read-along" program tapes, and I seriously doubt he sold them at full
price...)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA