[Coco] calling all MM/1 owners

Dave R in Illinois lazyhand at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 23 21:03:36 EST 2008

Have you checked to make sure the drive / cable is properly terminated? I've
seen corroded pins on terminators do strange things to raid arrays. I never
owned a mm1 so I am not sure if there even is one, I would assume there
would be.

-Dave

I have a small problem with my MM/1, and I'm wondering if there was ever a
fix for it?

When I power it up, the computer goes through its procedure to try to boot
from the floppy, and then from the SCSI hard disc. It *always* locks up the
SCSI bus at that point, and pressing reset does not unlock it. I need to
cycle the power to unlock it. It then usually fires up correctly, but not
always.

My MM/1 is a 3MB with the expansion board. It has a 170MB Quantum SCSI
drive. The drive itself initialises properly (at least, it makes all the
right noises).

Comments anyone?

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.