[Coco] Trimming NOS-9

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Wed Jan 23 20:56:24 EST 2008

I'm thinking about removing some files from my NOS-9 disk (40 tracks) to
make room for some extra stuff, like Basic09, a "real" text editor, and
maybe something else.
I was looking at the files in the CMDS directory, and made a list of the
ones that seem safe to remove.
Since I won't be doing any kind of development except in Basic09, I
think I can get rid of :
ASM
Binex
CPUType
Debug
Devs
Disasm
Dump
Edit
Exbin
Irqs
login
Megaread
Mpi
Padrom
Smap
Touch

Is any of this required for a standard 1 user system? Required by some
external program (Dynacalc, Multivue, etc)?
Anything else I could safely delete?
I was thinking about reboot...
Since we are talking multitasking, one should be sure that there are no
files open in some window before shutting down. Does reboot do that?

Diego