[Coco] CoCo 3 MMU test for all

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sun Jan 20 20:43:00 EST 2008

Roger,

You must be still sleep deprived or you don't understand the GIME.

I always thought programmers did it in hex? I know hardware designers do!

Per your table below. You can't look at it that way. Bits 6/7 ARE NOT
READABLE. That is why you AND out bits6/7.

128k: 112-127  s/b 0-$0f
512k: 64-127   s/b 0-$3f
1 meg: 64-255  s/b 0-$7f
2 meg: 0-255   s/b 0-$ff  (only one you got right, think hex, it is easier)

Use the source Luke! CC3 Technical manual.

There is no gathering, it is how I described. Not sure how P-3 ever
worked based upon your table. You must have forgotten or wild things
will happen with the P-3 on systems larger than 512k.

I still follow Tandy's design guidelines. The SB is going to violate
a few of the rules but then Tandy isn't making the CoCo anymore. So I
don't have anything to worry about. I know the internal workings of
the CoCo, period. Spent many hours writing test code and watching how
the machine responds. There is A LOT of info missing or very vague in
the CC3 tech manual. Emulators are great but still don't beat the
real thing. Hard to create/test when one doesn't own a real CoCo3.

Regards,

Mark

Reread my original post.