[Coco] CoCo 3 MMU test for all

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jan 20 15:31:12 EST 2008

At 02:21 PM 1/20/2008, you wrote:
> >Dudes and dudettes, >There's a trick to creating super long
> LOADM'able programs on a CoCo >3 but it relies on every CoCo 3
> giving the same results of the following test: >At the stock WIDTH
> 32 prompt, type: >?PEEK(65441) >Won't you please type the above
> command on your real CoCo 3 only (not >an emulator), and post the
> results here?
>
>My Coco3 (512k upgraded)(Cloud-9), '87 GIME with a upgraded 3124
>multi-pak plugged in under DECB yeilds 121.
>
>Dave

Excellent.

It also turns out that storing a 121 in 65441 under both VCC and MESS
emulators returns the 121 back, even though a 57 is initially
there.  This is good.  As long as somebody on the M.E.S.S. team
doesn't go and try to mess this up for everybody, I can make a single
LOADMable version of my extended size games with all components
embedded and automatically stashing to specific MMU blocks in the
CoCo while loading.

As I was telling Richard Ivey, my trio of software titles (Rainbow
IDE, CCASM, and Projector-3) is proving today to be the magic suite
for producing studio quality stuff pretty quickly depending on your
coding skills.  Actually, the open source audio tool for the PC
called Audacity is a must since I use it to create raw PCM files from
just about Anything audible.