[Coco] Mary and the Butterflies - Ready!

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jan 14 21:44:08 EST 2008

Ok folks, our first game for 2008 is DONE as of tonight and is a
go.  The demo copy is also in .bin and .dsk form in the coco3.com
downloads where you can see and hear the game in automatic action,
but no player control.  Sly measures were taken to prevent
piracy.  Each full version copy can be traced to the person who bought it.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun writing this game mainly for the
challenges that stared me down.  It is not easy doing all of that on
a single graphics page where everything but the clouds is replotted
on each frame, plus real-time HQ music along with high response
joystick control.  It was quite tricky to pull all this off at ~2mhz.

I'll try to figure out a way to efficiently deliver the game on a
real floppy disk to those who need it, but in the meantime you can
get a copy by e-mail by visiting the front page of coco3.com.

Thanks, and have fun.  Post your high scores.