[Coco] Duplicating Copy-Protected Games (Z-89) (Was: Coco Digest , Vol 55, Issue 22)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 14 14:14:36 EST 2008

On Monday 14 January 2008, Charlie wrote:
>"Steve Bjork" <6809er at bjork-huffman.net>
>wrote in message news:20080114051636.CC2C77D114 at qs281.pair.com...
>
>> I do have a request. If you have any of my software on your website,
>> please remove it.  You would be helping not only me but the CoCo
>> community as well.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Steve (Zaxxon) Bjork
>
>How does that help the CoCo community?
>I think it sucks. Legal or not.

You may think it sucks, and that is your right.  That however has nothing to
do with the legality of what Steve has asked.  Steve has just served a
takedown notice on this list, and it would be best for all concerned to honor
that request & save Steve the requirement and the legal expense of a whole
slew of takedown letters in the US Mails.  In case you aren't savvy,
copyright violations are about US $90k per instance the last time I heard.

FYI Steve, if I do have any of your games, they are still on the cartridges
they came in.