[Coco] coco3 with C=1084

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Jan 10 15:18:29 EST 2008

I used a 1084S with mine as well. Apparently Commodore didn't change the designation when they "upgraded" the monitor for later computers. The serial number plate will have a "D2" on it, but the main nameplate still just has 1084S. Stupid people! There's a big difference between the two. I don't think the D2 is analog RGB capable like the original 1084/1084S monitors are.

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:38:57 -0500
From: "Rogelio Perea" <os9dude at gmail.com>

I have my CoCo 3 feeding a Commodore 1084 - I think the only difference
between mine and the 1084S is that the later has stereo sound capabilities.

Should have the RGB wiring scheme filed somewhere, let me check my setup
later on today and I'll post the details

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"